- Your hair is at least ¼" long
- It has been at least 4 weeks since your last wax or 3 weeks since you last shaved
- You are not on any skin sensitive medications (i.e.: accutane, Retin-A, Hydroxy Acids, Renova, Differin, or antibiotics)
- You have not engaged in heavy exercise, swimming or sun tanning prior to service
- Take an ibuprofen 30-45 minutes prior to service to reduce pain
- Take a warm shower and lightly exfoliate the skin. This will provide an easier exit of the hair follicles and help ensure a smooth wax
- Do not apply heavy creams, gels or oils that may prevent wax from adhering to the hair. Keep the service area clean and dry
- Do not drink alcohol or caffeine before the service. Stimulants in the system can cause skin to be extra sensitive
For the next 24 hours:
- Expect the skin to be a little sensitive and red. Some experience no redness at all, while others are red for as little as thirty minutes or up to 24 hours post wax if you have sensitive skin.
- Wear loose comfy clothing that will allow the skin to breathe and minimize irritation
- Avoid applying heavy creams, gels, or oils that may irritate the skin
- Avoid hot showers or baths, heavy exercise, swimming and sun-tanning
- Avoid exfoliates, scrubs, and loofahs for the first two days after your wax. This includes products that contain acids such as glycolic, salicylic, and alpha-hydroxy. You can start your exfoliation routine about three days after your wax.
Until your next visit:
Do not shave
Apply Bikini Kitty Trama Drama as needed to reduce redness or irritation.
Apply Bikini Kitty Deep 6 as needed to fight any pesky bumps or ingrown hairs.
Exfoliate your skin daily with Bikini Kitty Enzymatic Exfoliation to prevent ingrown hairs.